Funding Opportunities for K-12 Communities
NASA CTSGC offers funding to K-12 students/teachers, including workshops for aeronautics and aerospace and STEM-related activities.
Some Past K-12 Funded Projects
- Student Spaceflight Experiments Program (SSEP) activities at Annie Fisher STEM Magnet School (Hartford) and East Lyme Middle School (East Lyme)
- Aerospace Adventures: after school program held at Gales Ferry / Juliet Long School (Ledyard)
- Space Day activities: Doolittle Elementary School (Cheshire) and Rogers Park Middle School (Danbury)
- Robotics Club: Manchester Public Schools and Shepaug Valley School
- Solar Solidarity Project: Carmen Arace Intermediate School (Bloomfield)
Examples of Possible Fundable Projects
- Presentation at school from expert in fields of aeronautics/aerospace and/or STEM
- Create a district-wide design contest in a STEM field
- Supplies to begin a robotics team in a high school
- Funds to begin an InventionX club
Apply for Funding
- Once the project is complete, a brief report must be submitted. All necessary application and reporting forms can be found in the Post Award page of our website.