Attention all Science, Math, Engineering, and Technology Teachers! Applications are open for the Texas Space Grant Consortium’s 2017 LiftOff event!
Beginning in the summer of 1990, the NASA’s Texas Space Grant Consortium initiated weeklong professional development training for teachers. This aerospace workshop, called LiftOff, emphasizes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) learning experiences by incorporating a space science theme supported by NASA missions. Teacher participants are provided with information and experiences through speakers, hands-on activities and field investigations that promote space science and enrichment activities for themselves and others.
- Presentations by NASA scientists and engineers
- Tours of NASA and Space Center Houston
- Hands-on, inquiry based classroom activities aligned to educational standards
- Career Exploration
- Teacher Feature (sharing of classroom lessons and activities)
- Opportunity to interact with researchers dedicated to space missions
The deadline for receiving applications is April 14 for LiftOff 2017 and should be submitted through the online system. To apply or learn more about the opportunity, visit Texas Space Grant’s Liftoff Homepage.